Monday 12 July 2010

April and May in Melbourne

Well, it´s been a while ago, about time to update the blog with some pictures. Some of you have asked me what I´ve been up to since I left Sydney.

Basically I´ve been in Melbourne, took the train from Sydney on the 29th of March. The train took about 11 hours and the view was amazing, kangaroos, lots of birds and nature passing my eyes.



Stayed in Werribee (35 km from Melbourne) for 10 days at a Swedish family, friends of my mum, celebrated Easter here with my new "family".


Moved in to the city where I stayed close to St Kilda for 5 weeks in a shared apartment with an Italian guy, Luigi. My job hunting was tough and I almost gave up and was on my way to Tasmania, but I finally found a waitressing job in the city on Bourke Street, through my Swedish friend Lovisa, so I´ve been working there since mid May.


I even bought a push-bike, so I don´t have to commute via train to work, it´s a convenient way of getting to and from work along the Yarra River, gorgeous view of the city from Toorak where I´m staying and biking downhill all the way to the city and uphill home to St Georges Road up in Toorak. I´m staying, since May, at the Swedish Church, where I´m renting a small apartment, everything is included in the rent, WiFi, electricity, heating and it´s a save and beautiful place to stay in Melbourne. The house is called "Toorak House", is an old government house which served as a Victorian Government House between 1854-1876 and later on it served as a Women's Australian Air Force hostel. The Swedish Church bought the property in 1956.Will stay here in Toorak a couple more months I think.


While I was on the job-hunt I was dancing salsa 2-3 times a week and meeting interesting people and joined in a few CouchSurfing events in the city. It´s always good to meet new people!




1. Me with Garfield and Charlie, two kittens at a CouchSurfing barbecue in West Brunswick, Melbourne, in April.
2. Lunch-meeting with some new friends in CBD, Vietnamese restaurant.
3. Salsa at the Hilton South Wharf in Melbourne, what a cool place to dance at!

No comments:

Post a Comment